Thursday, June 11, 2009

Oh Where oh Where have my children gone?

This past weekend all of my children were here. And my eleven grandchildren. This doesn't seem to happen often anymore as they are all grown with children and famlilies of their own ...with the exception of Chelsea who is living the life of a young single adult....but no longer living home.

The last time we were all together was for Chelsea's farewell before she left on a mission ot the Marshall Islands....three years ago....so it was an occaision for taking pics. After getting a pic of all of us....we were sitting around and I asked Erin's husband Graham to take her camera and for the siblings to all go out to the back yard and take a picture together...there were a few gripes( mostly from Craig..lol) but they wanted to make their mother happy( I think) and did as requested....resulting in the following incredibly beautiful pic...( thanks Graham and Erin)















As much as I love this pic, and I have known for a long time that my children have grown and left the nest( sort of) it made me just a little sad. Sad that my children are gone. so I decided to post a few of their pics of years past....just to compare and to reminisce just a little . Don't get me wrong I don't wish for them to be back home or little again......but after all this blog is called Michelle's Memories....and today I just wish to remember a little....I love you guys so very very much....you have made my life a wonderful journey!!! Thank you.....
































All I can say is it is good we took pics at christmas or I may not have any....lol

1 comment:

Bearded Lady said...

I keep looking at my kids wondering what that day will be like and I hope it doesn't happen too fast. It truly is true what they say that childhood is just a moment even though when you are in it it seems like an eternity! Don't worry Mom even though we are grown and living on our own there's always situations where we will need our mommy (ie. when I have a baby I need my mom!) We love you!